|NEWS FROM THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
After the first new-EXCO meeting that was held in Dublin on July 6th, 2016, the officers of the EXCO (President, Past president, Secretary General and Treasurer) met once more in Pamplona (July 29th, 2017) and twice more by the way of a Skype meeting (August 11th, 2017 and October 16th, 2017). Among the different issues that were discussed, particular attention was devoted to the prizes that will be awarded at the congress, and precisely the Ruminant Well Being Award and the President’s Award. The latter is a complete new award and we are very proud of it (more details below in the newsletter).
Another very important issue that was discussed during the EXCO meetings was how to improve the communication on favor of our members and those that might be interested in the activities of the WAB. The discussion led to communication guidelines.
Among the activities of the EXCO members, we would like to remind the activities of our President that attended the following meetings:
During these congresses the President could emphasize the role of the WAB in the promotion of the knowledges on cattle medicine and production within the international veterinary community.
- the 23rd International ANEMBE Congress in Pamplona, Spain (June 29-30, 2017). Officers’ meeting,
- the 41st Congress of the Mexican Association for Buiatrics in Acapulco (August 3-5, 2017),
- the 33rd World Veterinary Congress in South Korea (August 27-31, 2017),
- the European Buiatrics Forum in Bilbao, Spain (October 3-5, 2017)
- the 18th Congress of the Latino American Association for Buiatrics (November 1-3, 2017).